I love to read. Given the choice between reading and any other activity, I will choose reading. It’s my priority.
When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.
– Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus
Erasmus is a man after my own heart.
Below is a list of books I am currently reading and a list of books I have finished. Links to my related blog posts are included. You will find books on topics like soft skills, leadership, business and entrepreneurship, IT career, computer programming, etc.
A much fuller reading list including topics such as history, art, theology, and literature can be found on my civilian website: www.bloggingsam.com.
- The Age of Agile – Stephen Denning
- Project Management for the Technical Professional – Michael Singer Dobson
Books I’ve finished in 2019:
- Agile Practice Guide – Project Management Institute
- Adapt: Why Success Always Starts with Failure – Tim Harford
- Team of Teams – General Stanley McChrystal
- PMBOK Guide, Sixth Edition – Project Management Institute
Books I finished in 2018:
- Never Eat Alone – Keith Ferrazzi
- Refrigerator Rights – Dr. Will Miller
- Scrum Insights for Practitioners – Hiren Doshi || (blog post)
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
- How to Be Rich – J. Paul Getty
- Slack – Tom DeMarco
- Soft Skills: The Software Developer’s Life Manual – John Sonmez
- User Story Mapping – Jeff Patton || (blog post)
- The Clean Coder – Robert C. Martin
- From Contempt to Curiosity – Caitlin Walker || (blog post) || (another blog post)