The purpose of this website is fourfold: 1) to enhance my professional online presence, 2) to provide a means for people to contact me easily, 3) to provide blog content to visitors, and 4) to promote discussion among people with similar technical/business/career interests. To point 1, a robust website makes for a better professional presence than simply having a LinkedIn account. To point 2, it’s pretty convenient to contact a guy when he has a contact form right there under your nose and all you have to do is click a button. To point 3, there needs to be something more here than an about me page and a contact form. To point 4, I need to be able to talk about work outside of work with someone other than my wife. Sometimes I get all technical and her eyes start to glaze over. Plus, she’s a psychotherapist and the more I talk, the more she is convinced I’m crazy. (She’s written my name next to all kinds of disorders in the DSM.)
Here’s what I do:
Here are a few things I’ve earned:
- Professional Scrum Master I certification through Scrum.org
- Certificate in Computer Programming with Honors from the Chubb Institute
- Associate in General Insurance (AINS) from the American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters
- Certificate in Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship from Raritan Valley Community College
- Competent Communicator and Competent Leader designations from Toastmasters International.
I’ve also co-founded a Toastmasters club and served two terms as Club President.
I am an avid reader and lifelong learner.
I’m a trail runner.
I’m an artist.
I’m a damn good drummer.
I’m a husband.
I’m a dad.
And this blog isn’t my first rodeo. I’ve had a number of websites over the years, publishing my first blog post in December of 2000. That was before we even called them “blogs.” Read: “Snow and Chinese Food” on bloggingsam.com.
Please drop me a line. There’s a contact form right under your nose.
(All photos and articles on this website are by Sam Snyder unless otherwise noted.)